By joining FAWL through one of its local chapters or as a member of statewide organization, you become part of a dynamic and growing group of lawyers and law students committed to advancing gender equality in the legal profession. You and your local chapter receive valuable benefits from state FAWL, as well as the opportunity to "pay it forward" to the young law students and lawyers who follow in your footsteps. So don't hesitate, click on the "Join FAWL Now" button on the right!
Member Benefits: What FAWL Offers You
- Advocacy for members who seek appointment to Bar Committees and Judicial Nominating Commissions (JNC) with the benefit of institutional knowledge on the most effective means of supporting applicants for these statewide positions
- Recognition of member professional accomplishments in statewide E-Newsletter and through social media, as well as eligibility for prestigious awards
- Leadership Opportunities and Development for members at the statewide level through FAWL Committees and the Executive Board
- Publication Opportunities in substantive areas of the law through contribution to the FAWL Journal
- Representation on The Florida Bar Board of Governors, The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors, the National Conference of Women’s Bar Associations, and the National Association of Women Lawyers
- Connect with over 3,000 fellow members and develop statewide referral network at FAWL signature events, such as the Annual Meeting, Leadership Retreat, Mid-Year Meeting, and Lobby Days
- Mentoring in practice areas statewide
- Championing non-partisan issues important to women and women lawyers and providing members access to local representatives and bringing the issues to the forefront in Tallahassee
- Access to statewide database of FAWL membership, free on-line continuing legal education library, publications and resources for professional development
Member Benefits: What FAWL Offers Your Chapter
- Support and Sustain chapters by providing resources for administration of membership and ideas for chapter programs, chapter development grants to build or maintain membership, and other assistance to pave the way for successful chapters in all areas of the State.
- Strengthen chapters and the connections between them through the exchange of best practices during live events, quarterly regional calls for chapter leadership, and monthly board meetings
- Monetary Awards and statewide recognition to chapters for Outstanding Programming, Outstanding Chapter, and Membership Recruitment
- Publication and Promotion of chapter events and local CLE programs through the FAWL Connection e-newsletter, website, social media, and on-line FAWL calendar, as well as financial assistance to defray CLE recording costs.
- Recognition of chapters and their members through FAWL Leaders in the Law Awards based on nominations from chapters, as well as partnering with chapters to support nominations of members for prestigious statewide awards
- Collaboration with FAWL and other FAWL chapters to hold seminars, symposiums, and mentoring events with statewide impact
- Advocacy with chapters to support chapter members for appointments to Bar Committees, JNCs, and Judicial and State government positions
- Lobbying in Tallahassee to draw statewide attention to local issues for women in the profession and connecting chapters with their local legislators.
- Young Lawyers initiatives statewide and advocacy for FAWL chapters with young lawyers programming in front of the Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors. Collaboration with law student chapters on mentoring projects and networking opportunities statewide.
FAWL's membership year runs from July 1 to June 30. Members who renew after March 1 of any year will receive membership extending through the next membership year in FAWL, though chapter membership rules may differ on this point.