Mattie Belle Davis Society
FAWL established the Mattie Belle Davis Society in 2004 to honor Judge Davis and to enable FAWL members to contribute directly to FAWL initiatives. Judge Davis, a founding member of FAWL at its inception in 1951, and who remained active in FAWL until her death fifty-three years later, inspires us all with her life-long commitment to equal opportunity, justice and the success of women in the law.
As a member, you know that part of your regular dues is set aside for services that FAWL provides on a state-wide level. Through the generous support of Mattie Belle Davis Sponsors, FAWL has been able not only to broaden the scope of its benefits to local chapters, but also to enhance the quality of its presence and initiatives on a state-wide basis.
Including the following:
- Increasing FAWL legislative presence in Tallahassee, including funding assistance to FAWL lobbying initiatives and FAWL Lobby Days;
- Assuring FAWL participation and involvement in The Florida Bar Board of Governors;
- Assuring FAWL visibility and participation at state-wide meetings of The Florida Bar;
- Supporting the presence and participation of FAWL chapters at state-wide planning events;
- Membership and representation with the National Conference of Women’s Bar Associations and National Association for Women Lawyers;
- Providing discounts and member benefits; and
- Providing unique state-wide member benefits, such as the extensive library of complementary CLE available our members through the FAWL website.
As the costs of these important FAWL initiatives increase, FAWL needs you to help. Join Now!
An annual membership in the Mattie Belle Davis Society costs $100 and may be paid to FAWL at the time of your general membership renewal. Simply send your check for $100 to FAWL with your renewal form.
At: FAWL, P.O. Box 38339, Tallahassee, FL 32315. If you have not already renewed for the 2011-2012, please consider joining at the time of your renewal. If you have already renewed your general membership dues, please consider joining the Mattie Belle Davis Society now! Members are recognized in the FAWL Journal, website and at FAWL events.